Hive, mail # user - Re: [VOTE] Amend Hive Bylaws + Add HCatalog Submodule

+
Brock Noland 2013-01-29, 01:00
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-01-29, 01:06
+
Carl Steinbach 2013-01-28, 19:47
+
Carl Steinbach 2013-01-28, 19:48
+
Ashutosh Chauhan 2013-01-28, 21:11
+
Edward Capriolo 2013-01-30, 01:18
+
Gunther Hagleitner 2013-01-30, 01:23
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2013-01-30, 06:28
+
Namit Jain 2013-01-31, 08:14
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-01-31, 22:04
+
Carl Steinbach 2013-02-04, 22:27
+
Alan Gates 2013-02-05, 01:10
Re: [VOTE] Amend Hive Bylaws + Add HCatalog Submodule
Arvind Prabhakar 2013-01-29, 21:50
Measure 1:  +1
Measure 2:  +1

Regards,
Arvind Prabhakar

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 11:47 AM, Carl Steinbach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am calling a vote on the following two measures.
>
> Measure 1: Amend Hive Bylaws to Define Submodules and Submodule Committers
>
> If this measure passes the Apache Hive Project Bylaws will be
> amended with the following changes:
>

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Proposed+Changes+to+Hive+Bylaws+for+Submodule+Committers
>
> The motivation for these changes is discussed in the following
> email thread which appeared on the hive-dev and hcatalog-dev
> mailing lists:
>
> http://markmail.org/thread/u5nap7ghvyo7euqa
>

> Measure 2: Create HCatalog Submodule and Adopt HCatalog Codebase
>
> This measure provides for 1) the establishment of an HCatalog
> submodule in the Apache Hive Project, 2) the adoption of the
> Apache HCatalog codebase into the Hive HCatalog submodule, and
> 3) adding all currently active HCatalog committers as submodule
> committers on the Hive HCatalog submodule.
>
> Passage of this measure depends on the passage of Measure 1.
>

> Voting:
>
> Both measures require +1 votes from 2/3 of active Hive PMC
> members in order to pass. All participants in the Hive project
> are encouraged to vote on these measures, but only votes from
> active Hive PMC members are binding. The voting period
> commences immediately and shall last a minimum of six days.
>
> Voting is carried out by replying to this email thread. You must
> indicate which measure you are voting on in order for your vote
> to be counted.
>
> More details about the voting process can be found in the Apache
> Hive Project Bylaws:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Bylaws

+
Shreepadma Venugopalan 2013-01-29, 22:57
+
Prasad Mujumdar 2013-01-30, 00:16
+
Zhenxiao Luo 2013-01-30, 00:21