Hive >> mail # user >> Capturing HIVE CLI errors

Capturing HIVE CLI errors
Hi guys,

I am trying to write a client code for HIVE CLI via ODBC connector. I want
to add query validation code at my client side. I was wondering is there a
way I can capture the Hive query syntax errors which I can use to validate
at my client end.

I don't want to write my own validation codes for checking the hive query.
I was wondering if that is possible to catch the errors that we usually get
at HIVE CLI and throw it at the client end.

Regards
Praveenesh