Zookeeper, mail # user - Rolling config change considered harmful?

+
Jordan Zimmerman 2013-06-14, 18:34
RE: Rolling config change considered harmful?
FPJ 2013-06-14, 19:07
Not sure if this helps but here is an example:

- Txn T is acknowledged by A and B (ensemble is {A, B, C})
- Ensemble changes to {B, C, D}
- C and D form a quorum and elect C because it has the highest zxid.

C won't have T, so the txn gets lost.

Does it make sense?

-Flavio

How
> does ZK internal leader election work if the list of servers is not
consistent on
> each instance. e.g. Given 3 instances A B C and new instance coming online
D.
> If A and B think the server list is  (A, B, C) but C and D think the
server list is (B,
> C, D) how does ZooKeeper handle leader election?
>
> -Jordan
+
Jordan Zimmerman 2013-06-14, 19:16
+