HBase >> mail # user >> CheckAndAppend Feature

+
Jerry Lam 2012-08-07, 15:22
+
syed kather 2012-08-07, 16:09
+
syed kather 2012-08-07, 16:12
+
lars hofhansl 2012-08-07, 15:55
+
Alex Baranau 2012-08-07, 16:00
+
lars hofhansl 2012-08-08, 00:30
Re: CheckAndAppend Feature
While this may be a trivial fix, have you considered possible down sides to the implementation?

I'm not sure its a bad idea, but one that could have some potential issues when put into practice.

-Mike

On Aug 7, 2012, at 7:30 PM, lars hofhansl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I filed HBASE-6522. It is a trivial change to make locks and leases available to coprocessors.
> So checkAndSet type operations can then be implemented via coprocessor endpoints: lock row, check, fail or update, unlock row.
>
> Since the patch is so simple I'll commit that soon (to 0.94.2 and 0.96)
>

> -- Lars

+
lars hofhansl 2012-08-08, 01:05
+