HBase >> mail # user >> tech. talk at imageshack/yfrog

+
Jack Levin 2011-06-08, 00:07
+
Matt Davies 2011-06-08, 14:57
Re: tech. talk at imageshack/yfrog
+1 to Matt's opinion (if possible?).

I am interested in your use case, sounds very impressive by the stats you
gave. You said 1000 tables?
Looking forward to see what optimizations/config tweaks you had to do to
cope up with your read/write requirements.

Thanks,
Himanshu

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 8:57 AM, Matt Davies <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If it is possible I think any slides or even a video would be very
> interesting to some of us that can't travel. I, for one, would love to hear
> how you do it.
>
> Thanks!
>
> On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 6:07 PM, Jack Levin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hey Guys, I plan to do a tech talk here at ImageShack, on how we store
> > and serve about 200ml images from HBASE.  The stats of our are:
> >
> > 60 Region Servers running HBASE
> > Configured Capacity      :       517.44 TB
> > DFS Used         :       286.93 TB
> > Table count: 1,000
> > Average file size: 500KB
> >
> > I am doing this mostly to bring our dev. and QA teams up to speed, but
> > we would have open doors as well, and will serve Pizza.  So, if anyone
> > is interested, RSVP to me. This should happen in next 2-3 weeks.  (We
> > are in South Bay, Los Gatos CA).
> >
> > -Jack

+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2011-06-10, 18:39