MapReduce, mail # user - Memory based scheduling

+
Marco Zühlke 2012-10-30, 15:49
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-10-30, 17:24
Re: Memory based scheduling
lohit 2012-10-30, 16:08
As far as I recall this is not possible. Per job or per user configurations
like these are little difficult in existing version.
What you could try is to set max map per job to be say half of cluster
capacity. (This is possible with FairSchedule, I do not know of
CapacityScheduler)
For eg, if you have 10 nodes with 4 slots each. You would create pool and
set max maps to be 20.
JobTracker will try its best to spread tasks across nodes provided they are
empty slots. But again, this is not guaranteed.

--
Have a Nice Day!
Lohit