HDFS, mail # dev - Re: Cannot communicate

+
rkevinburton@... 2013-04-22, 17:33
+
Aaron T. Myers 2013-04-24, 02:19
+
rkevinburton@... 2013-04-22, 16:58
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-04-22, 17:02
+
Kevin Burton 2013-04-22, 14:50
Re: Cannot communicate
Ted Yu 2013-04-22, 15:02
The exception was due to incompatible RPC versions between Apache maven
artifacts and CDH4.

I suggest you build the project with same hadoop version as in your cluster.

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 7:50 AM, Kevin Burton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I am relatively new to Hadoop and am working through a Manning publication
> "Hadoop in Action". One of the first program in the book (page 44) gives me
> a Java exception: org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException: Server IPC version
> 7 cannot communicate with client version 3.
>
> My Hadoop distribution is CDH4. The Java Maven project takes its
> dependency from Apache. The exception comes from a line involving the
> "Configuration" class.
>
> Any idea on how to avoid this exception?
+
Kevin Burton 2013-04-22, 16:17