HBase, mail # user - HBASE install shell script on cluster

Re: HBASE install shell script on cluster
Stack 2013-05-30, 02:40
On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 10:49 AM, Jay Vyas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I've been working on installing HBASE using a shell script over some
> nodes.

Usually folks do chef, puppet, etc. installing nodes.  Do you not want to
go that route?

> I can't help but think that someone else may have tried this before, if
> someone wants to share a gist or script from somewhere i could potentially
> modify / update it.
>
> At this point, Im just doing shell but was considering maybe python/ruby
> templating for the XML files.

There is stuff like this if you chef or puppet it.

http://hstack.org/hstack-automated-deployment-using-puppet/
http://palominodb.com/blog/2012/11/01/chef-cookbooks-hbase-centos-released

 St.Ack