Hadoop, mail # user - Hadoop command line arguments

Re: Hadoop command line arguments
Hemanth Yamijala 2010-12-04, 07:32
Hi,

On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 4:50 AM, yogeshv <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Which file in the hadoop svn processes/receives the hadoop command line
> arguments.?
>
> While execution for ex: hadoop jar <jar_file_path> <package_namespace>
> <inputfolderpath> <outputfolderpath>.

'hadoop' in the above line is a shell script that's present in the
hadoop-common/bin location. If you see that script, you'll notice that
it processes many secondary commands, like 'jar', in this example. And
for each such command, the corresponding class file is referred. For
e.g., jar is mapping to "org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar"

> I am looking for a file in our hadoop code where these are received as args.
>
> Intention: to control while adding additional user input from command line
> arguments for the map reduce framework processing.

Could this not be done by using the Configuration object to pass in
additional options ? A little more information about your use-case
could help.

Thanks
Hemanth