Accumulo >> mail # dev >> MiniCluster and "provided" scope dependencies

+
Josh Elser 2013-09-24, 15:57
+
Keith Turner 2013-09-24, 16:31
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-24, 16:48
+
Keith Turner 2013-09-24, 16:58
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-24, 17:20
+
Steve Loughran 2013-09-24, 17:55
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-24, 18:14
+
Eric Newton 2013-09-24, 18:20
Re: MiniCluster and "provided" scope dependencies
I don't think we should do that. Artifacts shouldn't be deployed
multiple times with different POMs for different dependencies. (I'm
100% positive we'd get a scolding from Benson for that.)

The point of MAC is to test Accumulo, not Hadoop, and the additional
classifiers adds a lot of complexity to the build. I think some of
this could be improved via the accumulo-maven-plugin. You can
manipulate plugin dependencies easily enough in Maven right now, and
it would be trivial for users to override the a-m-p dependency on
hadoop-client. (http://blog.sonatype.com/people/2008/04/how-to-override-a-plugins-dependency-in-maven/)

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii