Flume >> mail # dev >> Default{Sink,Source,Channel}Factory question

+
Brock Noland 2012-10-09, 19:30
Re: Default{Sink,Source,Channel}Factory question
Brock,

The Default factories reuse objects which were already created if a new configuration has sources/sinks/channels with the same name. So during reconfig it avoids creating new instances. It does not matter if this code is removed from the source and the sink factories. But you need to track this in the channel code, especially for the MemoryChannel. If we forget about the old instance, and simply create a new instance, we lose the data that is still in the channel. Since the only way we can really track events in memory is by the name of the channel - caching channel objects is sort of necessary for correctness.
Thanks
Hari

--
Hari Shreedharan
On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Brock Noland wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am working on FLUME-1502 and I noticed that the
> Default{Sink,Source,Channel}Factory classes all track the
> sink,source,channels they have created. Additionally, there is a
> getRegistryClone class which is only used in tests.
>
> 1) Is there a reason they track the instances they have created?
> 2) Any objection to removing this code since it's not being used?
>
> Brock

+
Brock Noland 2012-10-09, 20:02
+