HBase >> mail # user >> Re: Region size per region on the table page

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-08-01, 12:21
+
samar.opensource 2013-08-01, 18:42
Re: Region size per region on the table page
Hannibal is very useful, but samar is right. It's another thing to install
and maintain.  I'd hope that over time the need for tools like hannibal
would be lessened as some of the features make its way into the main
install.  Hannibal does its work through crawling log files, whereas some
(or all) of the data it provides could be provided through the HBase api,
and thus admin ui, in a less hacky way.

If someone were willing to invest the time in adding such a metric to the
hbase admin ui (and HBaseAdmin API please) it would bring us one step
closer.
On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 2:42 PM, samar.opensource <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:

> Hi Jean,
>   You are right , hannibal does that, but it a seperate process we need to
> install/maintail. I thought if we had a quick and easy way to see it from
> master-status page. The stats are already on the regionserver page(like
> total size of the store) , just that it would make sense to have it on the
> table page too(IMO) to understand the data size distribution of regions of
> a particular table.
>
> Samar
>
> On 01/08/13 5:51 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari wrote:
>
>> Hi Samar
>>
>> Hannibal is already doing what you are looking for.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> JMS
>>
>> 2013/8/1 samar.opensource <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>
>>  Hi Devs/Users,
>>>     Most of the time we want to know if our table split logic is accurate
>>> of if our current regions are well balanced for a table. I was wondering
>>> if
>>> we can expose the size of region on the table.jsp too on the "table
>>> region"
>>> table. If people thing it is useful I can pick it up. Also let me know if
>>> it already exists.
>>>
>>> Samar

+
Marcos Luis Ortiz Valmase... 2013-08-01, 21:34
+
Bryan Beaudreault 2013-08-01, 22:29
+
samar.opensource 2013-08-02, 06:38