MapReduce >> mail # user >> how to use hadoop apis with cloudera distribution ?

+
Mapred Learn 2011-03-08, 00:22
+
Mapred Learn 2011-03-08, 15:16
+
Marcos Ortiz 2011-03-08, 15:22
+
Mapred Learn 2011-03-08, 17:26
Re: how to use hadoop apis with cloudera distribution ?
You can check the Cloudera Training Videos, where is a screencast explaining how to develop Hadoop using Eclipse.
http://www.cloudera.com/presentations
http://vimeo.com/cloudera

Now, For working with Hadoop APIs using Eclipse, for developing applications based on Hadoop, you can use the Kamasphere Plugin for Hadoop Development, or if you are a NetBeans user, they have a module for that.

Regards.
----- Mensaje original -----
De: "Mapred Learn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Para: "Marcos Ortiz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Enviados: Martes, 8 de Marzo 2011 12:26:00 (GMT-0500) Auto-Detected
Asunto: Re: how to use hadoop apis with cloudera distribution ?
Thanks Marco !
I was trying to use CDH3 with eclipse and not able to know why eclipse complains for the import statement for hadoop apis when cloudera already includes them.

I did not understand how CDH3 works with eclipse, does it download hadoop apis when we add svn urls ?

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 7:22 AM, Marcos Ortiz < [EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:

On Tue, 2011-03-08 at 07:16 -080s,

0, Mapred Learn wrote:

> > Hi,
> > I downloaded CDH3 VM for hadoop but if I want to use something like:
> >
> > import org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration;
> >
> > in my java code, what else do I need to do ?

Can you see all tutorial that Cloudera has on its site
http://www.cloudera.com/presentations
http://www.cloudera.com/info/training
http://www.cloudera.com/developers/learn-hadoop/

Can you check the CDH3 Official Documentation and the last news about
the new release:

http://docs.cloudera.com
http://www.cloudera.com/blog/category/cdh/

> > Do i need to download hadoop from apache ?
No, CDH beta 3 has with all required tools to work with Hadoop, even
more applications like HUE, Oozie, Zookepper, Pig, Hive, Chukwa, HBase,
Flume, etc

> > if yes, then what does cdh3 do ?
The Cloudera' colleagues has a excelent work packaging the most used
applications with Hadoop on a single virtual machine for testing and
they did a better approach to use Hadoop.

They has Red Hat and Ubuntu/Debian compatible packages to do more easy
the installation, configuration and use of Hadoop on these operating
systems.

Please, read http://docs.cloudera.com

> > if not, then where can i find hadoop code on cdh VM ?
> >

> > I am using above line in my java code in eclipse and eclipse is not able to find it.
Do you set JAVA_HOME, and HADOOP_HOME on your system?

If you have any doubt with this, you can check the excellent DZone'
refcards about "Getting Started with Hadood" and "Deploying Hadoop"
written by Eugene Ciurana( http://eugeneciurana.eu ), VP of Technology at
Badoo.com

Regards, and I hope that this information could be useful for you.

--
Marcos Luís Ortíz Valmaseda
Software Engineer

--
Marcos Luís Ortíz Valmaseda
 Software Engineer
 Universidad de las Ciencias Informáticas
 Linux User # 418229

http://uncubanitolinuxero.blogspot.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcosluis2186
+