Hive >> mail # user >> Structs in Hive

Hello,

I kind of have a pretty basic question here. I am trying to read structs
stored in HBase to be read by Hive. In what format should these structs be
written so that they can be read?

For instance, if my query has the following struct:

s struct<a: STRING, b: STRING>

How should I be writing my data in HBase so that when read, it fits into
this struct? In other words, can I create my own class 'MyStruct' which is
something like:

class MyStruct{
   string a;
   string b;
}

to create the struct bytes and read them using hive with the struct defined
above? I hope I made my question clear. I will be glad to provide any
clarifications.

Swarnim