MapReduce, mail # dev - [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.0.4-alpha

+
Arun C Murthy 2013-04-10, 03:39
+
Siddharth Seth 2013-04-10, 06:14
+
Ted Yu 2013-04-10, 06:18
+
Arun Murthy 2013-04-10, 09:19
+
Sangjin Lee 2013-04-10, 16:11
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-04-11, 23:20
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-04-12, 12:47
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-04-11, 23:27
+
Siddharth Seth 2013-04-17, 19:01
+
Robert Evans 2013-04-17, 21:50
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-04-18, 18:05
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-04-18, 15:54
On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 2:56 PM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I've created a release candidate (RC2) for hadoop-2.0.4-alpha that I would like to release.
>
> The RC is available at: http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.0.4-alpha-rc2/
> The RC tag in svn is here: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.0.4-alpha-rc2

+1 (non-binding)

Pulled the RC into Bigtop, ran quite a few local tests with pseudo
distributed cluster. Also ran Bigtop integration tests (covering the
entire Hadoop ecosystem) in secure and non secure mode on a
fully distributed 4 nodes AWS cluster:
    http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/Bigtop-trunk/job/Bigtop-trunk-smokecluster/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/
    http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/Bigtop-trunk/job/Bigtop-trunk-smokecluster-secure/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/

Triaged all the failing tests and made sure they are all related
to stale golden files, etc. in Bigtop test suite. Something we're
targeting to fix in Bigtop 0.6.0.

Thanks,
Roman.

P.S. I plan to start running the very same testsuites nightly
once we're done with 2.0.4-alpha in anticipation of our
first beta release. Every bit of help with new tests and
updating the existing ones will be *tremendously*
appreciated!
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-04-23, 17:24
+