MapReduce >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.0.4-alpha

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 2:56 PM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I've created a release candidate (RC2) for hadoop-2.0.4-alpha that I would like to release.
>
> The RC is available at: http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.0.4-alpha-rc2/
> The RC tag in svn is here: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.0.4-alpha-rc2

+1 (non-binding)

Pulled the RC into Bigtop, ran quite a few local tests with pseudo
distributed cluster. Also ran Bigtop integration tests (covering the
entire Hadoop ecosystem) in secure and non secure mode on a
fully distributed 4 nodes AWS cluster:
    http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/Bigtop-trunk/job/Bigtop-trunk-smokecluster/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/
    http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/Bigtop-trunk/job/Bigtop-trunk-smokecluster-secure/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/

Triaged all the failing tests and made sure they are all related
to stale golden files, etc. in Bigtop test suite. Something we're
targeting to fix in Bigtop 0.6.0.

Thanks,
Roman.

P.S. I plan to start running the very same testsuites nightly
once we're done with 2.0.4-alpha in anticipation of our
first beta release. Every bit of help with new tests and
updating the existing ones will be *tremendously*
appreciated!