Hive >> mail # user >> Map side join

Hello everybody,

I have got a question. I didn't came across any post which says somethign
about this.
I have got two tables. Lets say A and B.
I want to join A & B in HIVE. I am currently using HIVE 0.9 version.
The join would be on few columns. like on (A.id1 = B.id1) AND (A.id2 B.id2) AND (A.id3 = B.id3)

Can I ask HIVE to use map side join in this scenario? Should I give a hint
to HIVE by saying /*+mapjoin(B)*/

Get back to me if you want any more information in this regard.

Thanks and regards,
Souvik.
+
bejoy_ks@... 2012-12-07, 20:10