Flume >> mail # dev >> ElasticSearchSink: should we combined the proposed interfaces for event serialization and id assignment

Re: ElasticSearchSink: should we combined the proposed interfaces for event serialization and id assignment
Edward,
I added you to CC but I would also recommend subscribing to the dev list
due to how the list headers are configured.

This is a rough situation. I am loathe to break API compatibility but at
the same time I don't know much about ES and feel I need to find some time
to invest in understanding the ES concepts and how Flume is interacting
with them in this sink.

Without thinking about it very hard yet, I'd ask if we can just add a new
interface that doesn't suck and maybe is more extensible without breaking
the old one.

Also wondering if other devs have thoughts on this.

Mike