MapReduce >> mail # user >> Tests to be done to check a library if it works on Hadoop MapReduce framework

Tests to be done to check a library if it works on Hadoop MapReduce framework
Hello!

As part of my graduate project I am trying to create a library to support
Genetic Algorithms to work on Hadoop MapReduce.

A couple of things I have not understood -

> How to test the library in Hadoop? I mean how to check if it is doing
what it is supposed to do.
> What is the user expected to give as input?

I am a newbie to both GA and Hadoop.
I have been studying both for the past couple of weeks. So now have a fair
idea about GAs but not able to understand how to implement a library. Never
done this before.
Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Varsha
+
Stephen Boesch 2013-02-16, 16:37