HBase >> mail # user >> Hbase Schema

Re: Hbase Schema

re:  Q2

Yes you can have the same CF name in different tables.  Column Family
names are embedded in each KeyValue.

See:  http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#regions.arch  for more detail

re:  Q3

It depends on what you you need.  A common pattern is using composite keys
where the lead portion represents some natural grouping of data (e.g., a
userid) but that is also hashed to provide distribution across the cluster.

re:  Q4

Read the RefGuide!