Hive, mail # user - Is there any API that tells me what files comprise a hive table?

Re: Is there any API that tells me what files comprise a hive table?
Sanjay Subramanian 2013-10-07, 19:04
Perhaps a good thing to have in your Hive cheat sheet :-) '
I use the following mySQL query to find out the locations of the Hive table

echo "select t.TBL_NAME, p.PART_NAME, s.LOCATION from PARTITIONS p, SDS s, TBLS t where t.TBL_ID=p.TBL_ID and p.SD_ID=s.SD_ID "| mysql -u<hive_user> -p<password> <hive_metastore_table> -A | grep "<your_hive_table_name>"

Thanks
Regards

sanjay

 email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Irc : sanjaysub (channel #noc)
 skype : sanjaysubramanian
mobile : (925) 399 2692

From: Edward Capriolo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
Date: Monday, October 7, 2013 11:52 AM
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
Subject: Re: Is there any API that tells me what files comprise a hive table?

Not a direct API.

What I do is this. From java/thrift:
Table t = client.getTable("name_of_table");
Path p = new Path(t.getSd.getLocation());
FileSystem fs = FileSystem.get(conf);
List<FileStatus> f = fs.listFiles(p)
/// your logic here.
On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 2:01 PM, demian rosas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
Hi all,

I want to track the changes made to the files of a Hive table.

I wounder whether there is any API that I can use to find out the following:

1. What files in hdfs constitute a hive table.
2. What is the size of each of these files.
3. The time stamp of the creation/last update to each of these files.
Also in a wider view, is there any API that can do the above mentioned for HDFS files in general (not only hive specific)?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Cheers.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE