Hadoop, mail # dev - Error in first build : Cannot run program "protoc": CreateProcess error=2

Re: Error in first build : Cannot run program "protoc": CreateProcess error=2
Steve Loughran 2013-04-03, 19:58
On 3 April 2013 15:46, Chandrashekhar Kotekar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Thanks a lot for your help.
>
> You were right. Problem was with Protoc version 1.5 only. I downloaded and
> added protoc 1.4 version and now that error is gone. However now I am stuck
> at this new error. Now maven is not able to find "msbuild". Error is as
> follows :
>
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.2:exec
> (compile-ms-winutils) on project hadoop-common: Command execution failed.
> Cannot run program "msbuild" (in directory
> "D:\HadoopSource\hadoop-trunk\hadoop-common-project\hadoop-common"):
> CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified -> [Help
> 1]

error 2 in DOS is "exe not found"

> Can you please help with this error? I googled for this kind of error but
> couldn't find anything related to this error.

msbuild comes with the win7 SDK
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8279