Pig, mail # dev - The Newest Patch for Issue PIG-1314

The Newest Patch for Issue PIG-1314
Zhijie Shen 2012-08-10, 18:17
Hi Thejas,

Jira system is currently not available, thus I attach my newest patch for
Issue PIG-1314 in this email. Compared the last version, there's following
improvement:

1. More test cases have been added, such that the test cases are nearly
completed.

2. Fix some bugs according to the test cases, including the builtin
functions (e.g., argToFuncMapping).

3. I add some more builtin functions: MilliSecondsBetween, GetMilliSecond,
ToMillSeconds, since the granularity of pig DateTime is set to millsecond.

I've also some comments:

1. DiffDate behaves similar to DaysBetween, except that the former function
return opposite values if two arguments change their order.

2. According to your last response, I'm not clear how the default timezone
of client can be sent to the server with the code. In my opinion, the
default timezone should be specified on the server side by configuration,
which should be taken care of by administrators. How do you think about
this.

I think this patch is close to commit. Please check it out. Thanks!

--
Zhijie Shen
School of Computing