Pig, mail # user - Pig as Connector with MongoDB and Node.js

+
Russell Jurney 2012-08-16, 22:07
+
Alan Gates 2012-08-17, 17:53
+
Jonathan Coveney 2012-08-17, 19:09
+
Santhosh M S 2012-08-17, 22:15
+
Alan Gates 2012-08-17, 22:20
+
Santhosh M S 2012-08-17, 22:28
+
Alan Gates 2012-08-22, 02:03
+
Russell Jurney 2012-08-22, 02:17
+
Santhosh M S 2012-08-22, 06:48
+
Alan Gates 2012-08-22, 20:34
+
Bill Graham 2012-08-22, 22:14
+
Santhosh M S 2012-08-23, 02:04
+
Russell Jurney 2012-08-22, 22:54
Re: Pig as Connector with MongoDB and Node.js
Russell Jurney 2012-08-22, 06:54
Sounds complex. I'm more interested in posting my stuff on pig to the
Pig blog than crafting a policy.

Do you have content you intend to contribute to the Ig blog, or is
this merely theoretical?

Russell Jurney http://datasyndrome.com

On Aug 21, 2012, at 11:49 PM, Santhosh M S <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am not aware of the blogging guidelines from Apache. I could not locate any links to that effect.
>
> I examined about 10 projects that have blogs on Apache and read/scanned about 50 of the entries. My search was not exhaustive and nor was it meant to be conclusive. It was a sample.I was trying to check if there were any blogs of the form:
>
> 1. "A blog on X has been posted over on http://Y, go take a look" - None
>
> 2. Blogs that were reposted with a link back - None (see # 5 below for a similar case)
>
> 3. Blogs that had a link to a corporate site directly with the name of the company - 2 (Apache Open Office had links for downloads in an interview along with the name of the company with links that the interviewees were at and Apache Click had the name of the blogger and to the site of the book)
> - http://blogs.apache.org/click/ (See entry for Jan 5, 2010 and Oct 24, 2009)
>
> - http://blogs.apache.org/OOo/ (See entry for Jun 18, 2012)
>

> 4. Blog that had a link to a corporate site without mentioning the name of the company - 2 (Apache Open Office had one link to a personal blog and Apache Click had 4 links for examples)
> - http://blogs.apache.org/click/ (See entry for May 8, 2010)
> - http://blogs.apache.org/OOo/ (See entry for Jan 19, 2012)
>
> 5. Blog that had the name of a corporation without any links - 2 (Apche HBase - TrendMicro is mentioned and Apache Flume - Cloudera was mentioned as the venue for a meetup)
> - https://blogs.apache.org/hbase/entry/coprocessor_introduction (a link to the original blog that no longer exists is presented without a hyperlink)
> - https://blogs.apache.org/flume/entry/apache_flume_hackathon
>
> Could we repost the entire blog and indicate that this blog originally appeared here with the here being a hyperlink to the corporate blog without mentioning the name of the corporation.
>
> More thoughts?
>
> Santhosh

+
Santhosh M S 2012-08-22, 17:01