HBase, mail # dev - Does compatibility between versions also mean binary compatibility?

+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2013-04-04, 20:20
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-04-04, 22:21
+
Stack 2013-04-04, 22:48
+
lars hofhansl 2013-04-04, 22:59
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2013-04-04, 23:06
+
Stack 2013-04-05, 06:35
+
James Taylor 2013-04-04, 23:29
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-04-05, 00:53
+
James Taylor 2013-04-06, 20:11
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-04-09, 00:40
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-04-09, 03:02
Re: Does compatibility between versions also mean binary compatibility?
Elliott Clark 2013-04-09, 04:49
On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 8:02 PM, Enis Söztutar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> For normal client-level API's, I am not convinced that we should keep
> binary compatibility between major versions. It will tie our hands of doing
> some changes between major versions.

I agree with this.  Once we go 1.0 I'd be more inclined to agree with
restricting breaking changes like this.  However I think as long as we're
wire compatible that gets most of what our users really want, while
allowing flexibility in developing new versions.
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2013-04-15, 18:06
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2013-04-05, 17:12