HBase >> mail # dev >> Does compatibility between versions also mean binary compatibility?

Re: Does compatibility between versions also mean binary compatibility?
On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 8:02 PM, Enis Söztutar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> For normal client-level API's, I am not convinced that we should keep
> binary compatibility between major versions. It will tie our hands of doing
> some changes between major versions.

I agree with this.  Once we go 1.0 I'd be more inclined to agree with
restricting breaking changes like this.  However I think as long as we're
wire compatible that gets most of what our users really want, while
allowing flexibility in developing new versions.