HDFS >> mail # user >> Need info on mapred.child.java.opts, mapred.map.child.java.opts and mapred.reduce.child.java.opts

Re: Need info on mapred.child.java.opts, mapred.map.child.java.opts and mapred.reduce.child.java.opts
Hi Gaurav,

That's correct.  If the following was set:

*mapred.child.java.opts = -Xmx1g*
*mapred.map.child.java.opts = -Xmx2g*
*mapred.reduce.child.java.opts = -Xmx512m*

then:

1) -Xmx2G will be used for map tasks
2) -Xmx512m will be used for reduce tasks
3) the -Xmx1g will be ignored.

Kind Regards,

Anthony Rojas