MapReduce, mail # user - why multiple checkpoint nodes?

+
Thanh Do 2013-04-18, 16:05
+
shashwat shriparv 2013-04-18, 17:07
+
Thanh Do 2013-04-18, 17:20
+
Bertrand Dechoux 2013-04-18, 19:45
Re: why multiple checkpoint nodes?
Mohammad Tariq 2013-04-18, 20:07
Hello Thanh,

       Just to keep you updated, checkpoint node might get depricated. So,
it's always better to use secondary namenode. More on this could be found
here :

Warm Regards,
Tariq
https://mtariq.jux.com/
cloudfront.blogspot.com
On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 1:15 AM, Bertrand Dechoux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> It would be important to point the document (which I believe is
> http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/hdfs_user_guide.html) and the
> version of Hadoop you are interested in. At one time, the documentation was
> misleading. The 1.x version didn't have checkpoint/backup nodes only the
> secondary namenode. I don't believe it has changed but I might be wrong (or
> the documentation still hasn't been fixed). The 2.x version will have
> namenode HA which will be the final solution.
>
> Regards
>
> Bertrand
>

> On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 7:20 PM, Thanh Do <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> so reliability (to prevent metadata loss) is the main motivation for
>> multiple checkpoint nodes?
>>
>> Does anybody use multiple checkpoint nodes in real life?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 12:07 PM, shashwat shriparv <
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> more checkpoint nodes means more backup of the metadata :)
>>>
>>> *Thanks & Regards    *
>>>
>>> ∞
>>> Shashwat Shriparv

> --