Hive >> mail # user >> Creating a table with a custom InputFormat

+
Josh Spiegel 2012-10-11, 02:21
+
Edward Capriolo 2012-10-11, 02:49
+
Josh Spiegel 2012-10-11, 03:26
Re: Creating a table with a custom InputFormat
This is something similar. it may be the issue I remember.

https://reviews.facebook.net/D2499

In any case we could pass ALL the information from the properties,
Input paths, would be a way to make hive semi pig-like.

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 11:26 PM, Josh Spiegel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks.  Do you have the bug number?  I couldn't find it.
>
> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 7:49 PM, Edward Capriolo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>>
>> No this is not we have a ticket open to propage tbl properies matching
>> a pattern to the input format but not complete yet.
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 10:21 PM, Josh Spiegel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I want to create a table with a custom InputFormat.  For example,
>> > something
>> > like this:
>> >
>> > CREATE TABLE xxx (blah string)
>> > STORED AS
>> >    INPUTFORMAT 'org.foo.MyInputFormat'
>> >    OUTPUTFORMAT 'org.foo.MyOutputFormat'
>> > ;
>> >
>> > I also want to be able specify some configuration values that will be
>> > available to the InputFormat (possibly via the JobConf).  Is this
>> > possible?
>> >
>> > It looks like "stored by"/HiveStorageHandler might make this possible by
>> > allowing me to push TBLPROPERTIES into the JobConf.  But I would like to
>> > avoid a non-native table if possible.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Josh

+