MapReduce, mail # user - Running Distributed shell in hadoop0.23

Re: Running Distributed shell in hadoop0.23
Hitesh Shah 2011-12-15, 22:53
The shell script is invoked within the context of a container launched by the NodeManager. If you are creating a directory using a relative path, it will be created relative of the container's working directory and cleaned up when the container completes.

If you really want to see some output, one option could be to have your script create some data on hdfs or echo output to stdout which will be captured in the container logs.  The stdout/stderr logs generated by your script should be available wherever you have configured the node-manager's log dirs to point to.

-- Hitesh