Accumulo, mail # user - Accumulo Standby Master question

Re: Accumulo Standby Master question
Billie Rinaldi 2013-11-06, 16:32
On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Josh Elser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It looks like you can configure multiple hosts for GC and they'll use
> ZooKeeper to perform failover (like the master).
>
> Tracers -- You can run multiple tracer processes. You likely don't need
> 1:1 as you run tservers, but you can run a few if you're concerned about
> it. They're not required for Accumulo operation.
>
> Same for the monitor. If you need to have multiple running for failover
> purposes, it looks like you can specify multiple and it will just launch a
> monitor on each host you specified. There's no centralize URL you can
> always hit here. You would have to check each one to find one that was,
> unless you want to run some sort of reverse-proxy in front of them all.

I think additional monitors won't work entirely as expected.  The log
forwarding from the other processes is set up when the processes are
started, and the logs are only sent to the first host in the monitor file.