Hadoop, mail # general - DISCUSSION: Cut a hadoop-0.20.0-append release from the tip of branch-0.20-append branch?

+
Stack 2010-12-22, 23:30
+
Ian Holsman 2010-12-23, 00:05
+
Stack 2010-12-23, 00:33
+
Ian Holsman 2010-12-23, 01:03
+
Ted Yu 2010-12-23, 01:46
+
Andrew Purtell 2010-12-23, 01:47
+
Ian Holsman 2010-12-23, 03:31
+
Stack 2010-12-23, 06:16
+
Ian Holsman 2010-12-23, 06:24
+
Roy T. Fielding 2010-12-23, 07:07
+
Owen OMalley 2010-12-23, 08:00
+
Stack 2010-12-23, 17:27
+
M. C. Srivas 2010-12-23, 17:33
+
Jakob Homan 2010-12-23, 17:38
+
M. C. Srivas 2010-12-23, 18:15
+
Todd Lipcon 2010-12-23, 20:00
+
Ryan Rawson 2010-12-23, 19:40
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2010-12-23, 22:18
+
Ryan Rawson 2010-12-23, 22:39
+
Ian Holsman 2010-12-23, 23:33
+
Todd Lipcon 2010-12-23, 23:52
+
Andrew Purtell 2010-12-24, 00:36
+
Jeff Hammerbacher 2010-12-24, 01:32
+
Stack 2010-12-24, 07:52
+
Chris Douglas 2010-12-24, 18:57
+
Stack 2010-12-24, 19:06
Re: DISCUSSION: Cut a hadoop-0.20.0-append release from the tip of branch-0.20-append branch?
Jeff Hammerbacher 2010-12-24, 19:28
That sounds like a reasonable solution to me: the HBase team bears the
burden of cutting an maintaining the release, while Hadoop Core can proceed
with 0.22. HBase had its own version of ZooKeeper in there for a while, if I
recall correctly, so it's not without precedent. No funky version numbers
have to be floating around Hadoop-land, and hopefully HBase can move back to
HDFS when 0.22 is released. It's not ideal, but potentially the best
solution given the current constraints.

On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 11:06 AM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Chris Douglas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > Does anything go wrong if HBase were to release the 0.20-append branch
> > as its own product?
> >

> This is an interesting notion.  We'd host it at hbase.apache.org
> alongside our download?  Would that be OK with others?
> St.Ack

+
Chris Douglas 2010-12-24, 19:31
+