I was wondering if it is right to assume:
1. The first time we create a table in hive and load it followed by running the first query like
Select * from Table1
will result in a MR job running and will get the data to us.
If we run the same query second time MR job will not run but will result in just fetch the data.
2. If the above assumption is not right is possible to cache the data in hive so the MR job will not run
again for the subsequent queries and just fetch it right away.
3. Once we load the data in hive table how many days should we keep it.
4. Is it a good practise to remove the data in a certain period of time as it may take a large space.
5. Should this really be a concern or not as the memory today is not that expensive.
Any inputs will be appreciated.