Bigtop >> mail # dev >> Re: [VOTE] Bigtop 0.7.0 RC0

+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-10-25, 20:54
+
Anatoli Fomenko 2013-10-25, 20:56
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-10-26, 00:59
+
Peter Linnell 2013-10-26, 02:42
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-10-26, 03:15
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-10-28, 14:48
Re: [VOTE] Bigtop 0.7.0 RC0
On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 5:47 AM, Bruno Mahé <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am learning toward a -1 because of
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-1129 and my issues with Hue.
> Other than that, everything I tested either just works out of the box or
> is nitpick.
> But BIGTOP-1129 is what I would consider a blocker since it is part of the
> basic use case of Apache Bigtop.

I agree with Bruno that BIGTOP-1129 calls for a fix and a new RC, but
otherwise things look pretty good.

Since there was some testing elsewhere with CentOS, I tried 'make deb' on
Debian 7.2.

We should mention in the release notes that JDK 6 is still required for
building, at least Hive.

Phoenix, HBase, Hadoop, and ZooKeeper smoke tests are fine. Launched HBase
with Phoenix jars on the classpath and did a couple of simple things with
the sqlline shell.

There were various lintian issues but we agreed to look at these for 0.8.
Also some warnings from dpkg-shlibdeps about not finding the JVM shared
library. Probably fine to wait until 0.8 for that also, although we should
do something about this untracked dependency. I think we will need to break
out native Hadoop bits into their own package to solve some lintian errors
so we can efficiently deal with both issues at the same time.

There is a lot going on this week on account of Strata NYC but I would also
like to try running a Giraph job on Hadoop and something basic with Spark
if I can find some more time.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy