Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: Map JVMs not being terminated after MAP jobs complettion.

Re: Map JVMs not being terminated after MAP jobs complettion.
After the map task finishes , the VM terminates and all resources are
reclaimable.

Reduces might start pulling data from completed map tasks much before all
the maps are finished. However there is a property using which you can
delay the reduce step till all the maps are completed.

Rahul