Flume >> mail # user >> HDFSEventSink Memory Leak Workarounds

Re: HDFSEventSink Memory Leak Workarounds
Sounds like the expected behavior to me based on the message, though it's a
little confusing because it's caught in an IOException.

Somewhat related, we had our idleTimeout probably set too low, so the files
would close pretty often.  This was causing a memory leak for us, from what
I can tell this is due to FLUME-1864.  So I think it may be a good idea to
bump up the idleTimeout if you're constantly closing idle files.  I could
be wrong though, I would defer to the developers. :)