Drill >> mail # dev >> What areas I can contribute in?

Re: What areas I can contribute in?
Welcome!

I might suggest you start by helping out Sree with DRILL-47. Given your
experience with query processing,  that might be a good place to start to
understand Drill's internals and chase a query through the entire engine.
You are also welcome to join the Tuesday morning hangouts to meet people.