MapReduce >> mail # user >> RE: a question on MapReduce

RE: a question on MapReduce
Guys,

Sometimes when I run my MR job I see that Reduce tasks kick in as early as when Map task reached only about 20%. How can the MR be possibly so sure and start running Reduce at this point? What if a Mapper  produce more keys that Reduce function already finished with?

Andy Kartashov
MPAC
IT Architecture, Co-op
1340 Pickering Parkway, Pickering, L1V 0C4
* Phone : (905) 837 6269
* Mobile: (416) 722 1787

NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential, subject to copyright and may be privileged. Any unauthorized use, copying or disclosure is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete and contact the sender immediately. Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. AVIS : le pr?sent courriel et toute pi?ce jointe qui l'accompagne sont confidentiels, prot?g?s par le droit d'auteur et peuvent ?tre couverts par le secret professionnel. Toute utilisation, copie ou divulgation non autoris?e est interdite. Si vous n'?tes pas le destinataire pr?vu de ce courriel, supprimez-le et contactez imm?diatement l'exp?diteur. Veuillez penser ? l'environnement avant d'imprimer le pr?sent courriel