Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Supporting cross-project Jenkins builds

+
Tom White 2012-04-16, 20:51
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-04-16, 20:55
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-04-16, 21:14
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-04-16, 21:22
Re: Supporting cross-project Jenkins builds
I agree with Aaron. Its going increase the test patch build timings
significantly which may not be very helpful

Im  -1 on this.

-Giri

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 2:22 PM, Aaron T. Myers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 2:14 PM, Alejandro Abdelnur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> * all testcases should always be run (else a change in hdfs could
>> affect yarn/tools but not be detected, or one in yarn affect tools)
>>

> I'm -0 on this suggestion. Yes, it's a nice benefit to check all of the
> dependent Hadoop sub-projects for every patch, but it will also
> dramatically increase the time test-patch takes to run for any given patch.
> In my experience, the vast majority of patches stand little chance of
> breaking the dependent sub-projects, making this largely unnecessary and
> thus a waste of time and Jenkins build slave resources.
>
> --
> Aaron T. Myers
> Software Engineer, Cloudera
+