Flume >> mail # dev >> How many Data sources FLUME can reliably monitor and load into centralized storage like HDFS?

+
Krishna Kumar 2013-03-07, 09:12
Re: How many Data sources FLUME can reliably monitor and load into centralized storage like HDFS?
Krishna,
Flume is often configured in a scale-out, tiered architecture, and HDFS is
a scale-out distributed file system, so the number of data sources is
theoretically unbounded, although the limits of physics still apply at any
given point. :)

I have seen production Flume deployments with thousands of data sources
going into a central HDFS store.

Regards,
Mike