Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.0 RC6

Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.0 RC6
Folks,

Recent email on general@ from Roy Fielding lead me to worry that we're
about to stick out heads up and get shot at, based on "native libs for
linux present", but maybe I need to go look at the package.

The 'release', formally speaking, needs to not contain any binary
items at all. The convenience binary package that we happen to provide
can contain them, but the vote, formally speaking, is only about the
source, and the source can't contain binaries.

Apologies for my laziness, but I thought it was better to put up this
warning than to be silent in the absence of time to look for myself.

--benson