Flume, mail # user - Question about flume versioning in 1.3.1

+
Utkarsh Sengar 2013-01-30, 00:16
Re: Question about flume versioning in 1.3.1
Connor Woodson 2013-01-30, 00:29
The way the releases are made is by creating a branch for each release; I
assume whomever pushed the 1.3.1 release updated the pom before they
released it but forgot to push that change to github; it is something that
probably should be fixed, but it's not a huge deal.

Is there a particular reason you are trying to use Flume 1.3.1 off of
github instead of as a download?

- Connor
On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 4:16 PM, Utkarsh Sengar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to use flume-1.3.1 off github:
> https://github.com/apache/flume/tree/flume-1.3.1
>
> On github, flume-1.3.1 branch's pom.xml<https://github.com/apache/flume/blob/flume-1.3.1/pom.xml>says: <version>1.3.0</version> but when I download flume 1.3.1 from
> http://flume.apache.org/download.html the pom.xml says
> <version>1.3.1</version>. So, what's going on?
> Shouldn't both of the code should be the same version?
>
> Also, when I build flume off the branch 1.3.1 via github, I get a dist
> named: apache-flume-1.3.0-src.tar.gz
>
> Am I missing something here? My assumption was, both the sources should be
> identical.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> -Utkarsh