HBase >> mail # dev >> Recording test results ERROR: Failed to archive test

Re: Recording test results ERROR: Failed to archive test
On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Nicolas Liochon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It seems random, but frequent:
> https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HBASE-Build/5181/console
> https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HBASE-Build/5182/console
> https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HBASE-Build/5184/console
>
> In 4955, I have errors related to maven (it seems the last version of
> surefire uses more memory than before), so increasing the memory for maven
> will be useful anyway I think. But as we use a 32bits jvm on hadoop*, the
> limit is likely around 3.5Gb..
>
> Cheers,

I looked at first job.  We have tests writing 10M of logs which is totally
obnoxious but probably not the root of this jenkins memory issue:
durruti:trunk stack$ find . -size +10M
./hbase-server/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.TestAdmin-output.txt
./hbase-server/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.TestCloneSnapshotFromClient-output.txt
./hbase-server/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.TestFromClientSide-output.txt
./hbase-server/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.TestFromClientSide3-output.txt
./hbase-server/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.TestMultiParallel-output.txt
./hbase-server/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.TestRestoreSnapshotFromClient-output.txt
./hbase-server/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.TestEndToEndSplitTransaction-output.txt
./hbase-server/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.wal.TestHLogSplit-output.txt
./hbase-server/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.wal.TestHLogSplitCompressed-output.txt
./hbase-server/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.hadoop.hbase.snapshot.TestFlushSnapshotFromClient-output.txt
./hbase-server/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TestAcidGuarantees-output.txt
./hbase-server/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.TestHBaseFsck-output.txt

Let me mess w/ upping the maven size but yeah, not sure how to get us more
jenkins memory.  Is it always on same machines that we fail?
St.Ack