HBase, mail # dev - hbase 0.94.0

Re: hbase 0.94.0
Todd Lipcon 2012-01-30, 18:44
On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 7:30 AM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Initial results from HBASE-5074, support checksums in HBase block cache,
> look promising.
>
> Shall we discuss whether 0.94 should include it (assuming Dhruba can finish
> the feature in Feb.) ?

If it's a time-based release, then there's nothing to discuss. Either
it's done in time, in which case it's part of 94, or it's not, in
which case it's part of 96, right?

Maybe the discussion should be whether 0.94 should be a time-gated or
feature-gated release? IMO we already have enough good stuff in there
on the perf front. It will be great if the checksum improvement makes
it, but if it doesn't, I'd rather have a release than delay for it.

-Todd

> Cheers
>
> On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 6:27 PM, lars hofhansl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Salesforce will jumpstart with 0.94. :) Our dev cluster has the current
>> trunk on it.
>>
>> OK let's just add these to 0.94:
>> HBASE-4218
>>
>> HBASE-4608
>> HBASE-5128
>> script necessary to do HBASE-5293 in 0.96
>>

>> And defer the rest to 0.96, and branch 0.94 soon'ish.
>> Do you think you can do a 0.92 and trunk version of HBASE-5128?
>>
>> -- Lars

Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera