Hadoop >> mail # user >> Amazon Elastic MapReduce

+
Chris K Wensel 2009-04-02, 07:47
+
zhang jianfeng 2009-04-02, 08:06
+
Miles Osborne 2009-04-02, 08:09
+
zhang jianfeng 2009-04-02, 08:13
+
Brian Bockelman 2009-04-02, 12:50
+
Steve Loughran 2009-04-03, 10:19
+
Tim Wintle 2009-04-03, 11:32
+
Ricky Ho 2009-04-03, 16:23
+
Chris K Wensel 2009-04-02, 15:05
Re: Amazon Elastic MapReduce
On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 4:13 AM, zhang jianfeng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> seems like I should pay for additional money, so why not configure a hadoop
> cluster in EC2 by myself. This already have been automatic using script.

Personally, I'm excited about this.  They're charging a tiny fraction
above the standard EC2 rate.  I like that the cluster shuts down
automatically when the job completes -- you don't have to sit around
and watch it.  Yeah, you can automate that, but it's one more thing to
think about.

-Stuart
+
Lukáš Vlček 2009-04-03, 15:20