HBase >> mail # user >> independent scans to same region processed serially

+
James Taylor 2013-02-09, 01:49
+
Marcos Ortiz 2013-02-09, 03:18
+
lars hofhansl 2013-02-09, 02:51
+
James Taylor 2013-02-09, 05:52
+
lars hofhansl 2013-02-09, 17:02
+
James Taylor 2013-02-09, 17:28
+
lars hofhansl 2013-02-09, 19:04
Re: independent scans to same region processed serially
Filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-7805
Test case attached
It occurs only if the table has a region observer coprocessor.

     James

On 02/09/2013 11:04 AM, lars hofhansl wrote:
> If I execute in parallel multiple scans to different parts of the same region, they appear to be processed serially. It's actually faster from the client side to execute a single serial scan than it is to execute multiple parallel scans to different segments of the region. I do have region observer coprocessors for the table I'm scanning, but my code is not doing any synchronization.

+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-02-09, 10:48
+
lars hofhansl 2013-02-09, 16:49