Bigtop, mail # dev - [DISCUSS] stabilizing Hadoop releases wrt. downstream

+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-02-27, 01:31
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-02-27, 01:43
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-03-01, 18:58
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-03-05, 06:15
+
Robert Evans 2013-03-05, 15:18
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-03-06, 05:02
+
Giridharan Kesavan 2013-03-06, 06:05
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-03-06, 15:24
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-03-06, 18:19
Re: [DISCUSS] stabilizing Hadoop releases wrt. downstream
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-03-08, 17:55
On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 7:24 AM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> The issue that a downstream
>> integration project is likely to have is - for once - the absence of
>> regularly published development artifacts. In the light of "it didn't
>> happen if there's no picture" here's a couple of examples:
>
>  Maybe I wasn't clear, apologies, my request is simpler: Can Bigtop validate a Hadoop RC?

The short answer to this is -- yes. It would be extremely nice if
we don't have to wait till the first official RC but could jump on
the branch somewhat sooner. That, of course, would require
a higher degree of coordination. If future Hadoop RMs would
be willing to drop us a note and indicate when the branch
is in a shape where Bigtop feedback is ready to be received
I think that'll be the best way to proceed.

Do you think this would be a reasonable agreement?

On a related subject -- it would be extremely nice if Hadoop
community can help us with planning the bill of materials
for the future release of Bigtop. Essentially taking a bit
of a more active role in yay'ing or nay'ing our version
choices. There's a thread on LTS Bigtop releases that
Cos started but I think we can only hope to have an LTS
if the underlying Hadoop is also LTS'ish.

Thanks,
Roman.
+
Matt Foley 2013-03-08, 22:16
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-03-01, 20:23