Flume >> mail # user >> HDFS SINK  "txnEventMax" property

+
Jagadish Bihani 2012-09-26, 10:13
+
Brock Noland 2012-09-26, 11:30
+
Harish Mandala 2012-09-26, 11:44
Re: HDFS SINK "txnEventMax" property
Hi

Even in the file HDFSEventSink.java there
are 2 variables:
defaultBatchSize (default value:1)
defaultTxnEventMax(default value: 100)

Would be very helpful to understand the working & difference between
both properties.

Regards,
Jagadish

On 09/26/2012 05:14 PM, Harish Mandala wrote:
> But there exists already a different property called batchSize.
>
> -Harish
>
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 7:30 AM, Brock Noland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>
>     A better name for that property would be batchSize.
>
>     Brock
>
>     On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 5:13 AM, Jagadish Bihani
>     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>     <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>     > Hi
>     >
>     > What is the significance of this property?
>     > I think because of this property almost 100 files are being
>     created within
>     > a particular rolling interval instead of 1.
>     >
>     > If I set it to 1; what performance penalty it may cause?
>     >
>     > Regards,
>     > Jagadish
>

>     --
>     Apache MRUnit - Unit testing MapReduce -
>     http://incubator.apache.org/mrunit/

+
Harish Mandala 2012-09-26, 11:59
+