MapReduce, mail # dev - dynamic configuration changes

dynamic configuration changes
Ted Yu 2011-05-20, 23:41
Hi,
We're looking at extending the work done in HADOOP-7001 to HBase.

I want to get opinion on providing coarse-grained property reconfig
mechanism. Namely reconfigureProperty()/reconfigurePropertyImpl() only
notifies single property change.
Normally a class would be interested in more than one reconfigurable
property. e.g.
    String hostname = DNS.getDefaultHost(
      conf.get("hbase.master.dns.interface", "default"),
      conf.get("hbase.master.dns.nameserver", "default"));

I wonder if it is useful to enhance the methods to notify multiple property
changes - more precisely the properties returned by
getReconfigurableProperties().

Thanks