Avro >> mail # user >> Paranamer issue

+
Peter Cameron 2012-06-06, 13:51
+
Eric Pugh 2012-06-06, 13:58
Re: Paranamer issue
Can't speak for Avro project, but I think it is quite easy and useful
to use Maven Shade plug-in to embed private re-packaged copies. This
is often done with ASM, but seems like the thing for paranamer as
well?

-+ Tatu +-

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 6:58 AM, Eric Pugh
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Just to chime in on Peter's email, I hit the same stumbling block as well, and had to go hunt it down.   Any chance the class could be rolled into Avro directly?
>
> On Jun 6, 2012, at 9:51 AM, Peter Cameron wrote:
>
>> I've only just discovered the dependancy of Avro upon the thoughtworks Paranamer classes. We use reflection at runtime with a schema and encountered the usual ClassNotFoundException for Paranamer after I'd been rationalising our codebase -- which included the removal of the avro-tools-1.6.3 JAR. The tools JAR contains the Paranamer classes which I was unaware of. We operate in a very lightweight environment so the 10Mb tools JAR is not suitable for us to deploy.
>>
>> I went looking for the Paranamer JAR and eventually found version 2.5. However, this is BSD licensed. BSD is not suitable for us. Only Apache 2.0.
>>
>> What are our options? I'm mystified that the avro license does not mention Paranamer at all. Can I take the classes from the tools JAR and construct my own Paranamer JAR and still satisfy licensing?
>>
>> cheers,
>> Peter

> Eric Pugh | Principal | OpenSource Connections, LLC | 434.466.1467 | http://www.opensourceconnections.com
> Co-Author: Apache Solr 3 Enterprise Search Server available from http://www.packtpub.com/apache-solr-3-enterprise-search-server/book
> This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be Company Confidential unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless of whether attachments are marked as such.

+
Doug Cutting 2012-06-06, 17:30
+
Peter Cameron 2012-06-06, 17:33